Annual Dallas Hunger Summit
Learn about the intersection of food insecurity and health:
- The current health status of area residents
- What is being done to recognize food insecurity and malnutrition as a public health problem
- The implications for local medical care
- Steps being taken to ensure access to healthy, nutritious food for all
Speakers and panelists to include:
- Steve Love, President & CEO, DFW Hospital Council
- Dr. Donald Wesson, President, Baylor Scott & White Health and Wellness Center
- Dr. Ray Tsai, Senior Vice President, Market Operations, Children's Medical Center Dallas
- Dr. Sandi Pruitt, Public Health Researcher and Co-Director, Community Assistance Research, UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Wende Burton, Senior Director, Philanthropy, Communities Foundation of Texas
- Shannon Huggins, Senior Vice President, Contract Strategy and Population Health, Methodist Health System
- Dr, Muthusamy Anandkumar, Vice President, Parkland Community Health Institute
Friday, September 14, 2018
9:15 a.m. - 2:15 p.m.
Briscoe Carpenter Livestock Center
1403 Washington Street, Dallas
Be a part of the movement for food equity in Dallas!
Together we can ensure that all Dallas County residents have access to healthy food, three meals a day, seven days a week.
There is a $25 registration fee, but scholarships are available upon request.