2019 Bishop's Confirmation Retreat-Camp All Saints
Friday, September 06, 2019 - Sunday, September 08, 2019
Who: For youth and adults participating in Confirmation Education at their parish. Recommended for middle school students and up.
When: September 6 - 8, 2019
Cost: $130.00 for participants,
FREE for youth chaperones and presenters.
Why: The purpose of this retreat is to supplement Confirmation preparation at the congregational level and provide Christian community for those who participate.
Where: Camp All Saints
418 Stanton Way
Pottsboro TX 75076
What: Bishops Confirmation Retreat (Pilot Program)
“So our preparation should involve memorizing the basics, reading about our heritage, uplifting worship, fellowship with peers, leadership opportunities, service to those in need, and growth in contemplation and personal prayer life.” -Bishop George Sumner, Confirmation Guidelines for the Diocese of Dallas
Participating Congregations in Sept. include;
Participating Congregations :
To be announced (congregations with confirmations scheduled in Fall/Winter will be prioritized).
Total space available 40 / Registration will be open soon:
Pre-Approval to participate:
If your congregation is interested in participating plese contact either:
Mother Nancy Powers @ (903) 786-4339
Fr. Craig Reed @ (903) 784-6294
*Space is limited in 2019 so contact them soon.
Congregations will need to send adult sponsors reflecting the gender of the youth they are sending.
- The Confirmation Retreat Director is David Campbell, Youth Missioner for the Episcopal Diocese of Dallas.
- Confirmands who want to attend must register through their home congregation first. The participating congregation will connect with either Mother Nancy Powers or Fr. Craig Reed to be sure there is space for potential youth and adult volunteers. Congregations will then be sent a confirmation code for your participants to use when filling out their individual registration on Camp Wise. This must be done no later than February 15th.
- Event Leaders are:
- Bishop George Sumner
- Rev. Craig Reed
- Rev. Nancy Powers
- Other clergy TBA
- Other leaders to be announced
Principles for Retreat Instructors:
- Program is based on Bishop Sumner’s Guidelines for Confirmation.
- Content is centered on the Book of Common Prayer.
- Content will be shared with clergy at home congregation.
- Sessions will allow for: teaching, small group discussion, and individual reflection. (Goal – we will identify Instructors for the next Confirmation Retreat).
- Cost: $130 for youth participants.
- Adult Chaperones and Facilitators from congregations are $Free
- *No cost for the event leaders
- Participating Congregations:
- Congregations need to send two adult sponsors for every 12 participants. *Two adult leaders need to reflect the gender(s) of youth they are sending: i.e. if everyone is a boy then the adult leaders need to be men. If the participants are only girls the sponsors should be female, and blended if the genders are male and female.
- What to Bring:
- Bible and a Notebook
- Clothes / comfortable clothes both for indoors / and outdoor clothing appropriate for the weather conditions.
- Bedding & linens will be provided by the camp / includes, Pillow, towel, blankets, pillow and bed sheets.
For more information visit www.campallsaints.com