Prayer Book Christians
There are indeed many aids, but ‘first among equals’ for us as Anglicans is of course the Prayer Book. here are some reasons it is spiritually important:
- our praying is connected across continents and centuries.
- the offices of morning, midday, evening prayer, and compline are aimed toward by grace the consecration of our days (for all the people of God, and not just religious orders, as had been true previously). The pastoral offices to something similar to the life cycle.
- the rite of confession is a great comfort for the troubled conscience
- the lectionaries are an ordered way to hear the whole witness of Scripture.
- the creeds, catechisms, and historical documents like the articles remind us of the treasure of the faith we inherit.
Study the table of contents and read a section you were not aware of.