Convention Donations for One Man's Treasure
Since One Man’s Treasure was founded, they have delivered a message of God’s love and a “fresh start” set of clothes to 20,000 indigent men returning from incarceration, including over 2,000 men this year with the help of individuals and churches throughout the diocese. Each set of clothes meets these men’s basic daily needs and is also appropriate for job interviews and employment opportunities. The clothing delivered by our volunteer shepherds is the first step toward successful reentry into their communities and families.
One Man’s Treasure is grateful for the opportunity to be part of this year’s convention and for the ongoing support of our ministry that follows Christ’s call in Matthew 25:34-40.
In addition to collecting men’s winter coats at the diocesan convention, we also need gently used or new MEN’S clothing and shoes.
- Shoes – all styles and sizes (special need - tennis shoes and work boots)
- Jeans – washable all sizes (special need waist size 30-34)
- NEW boxer underwear and crew or dress socks
- Dress and casual/polo shirts, long or short sleeve (special need 2XL and 3XL)
- T-shirts, ties, NEW winter hats and gloves
- Men’s heavy and lightweight coats (special need, 2XL and 3XL)
We will have rolling bins available at different locations in addition to our convention table to collect donations.
For more information about One Man’s Treasure and ways you can participate, go to www.onemanstr.org or call Annette Jenkins 214-532-9819 or Johnna Nichols 970-286-3208.