Six Ways to Enhance Partnerships with Schools
Strengthen Your Church/School Partnerships in the New Year
- Provide teacher appreciation activities at least several times per year. This could include appreciation lunches, or “mailbox” goodies.
- Schedule a meeting with volunteers to receive feedback on how the partnership is going.
- Touch base with the school counselor to see what material items might be needed throughout the year (i.e. new white undershirts, socks, coats).
- Provide ongoing communications to the congregation about your ministry to the school and future needs.
- Take lunch to the Principal and/or Vice Principal several time per year to discuss the partnership, what’s working, what needs to be improved and additional ideas for ministry.
- Have the Principal come to speak during a Sunday service about the work of the volunteers and benefits of the partnership.
Contact Dabney Dwyer, Missioner for Outreach for more ways in which your church can impact a school in need in your community.